Monday, April 1, 2013

The Voice Project by Bruce Rimell

THE VOICE PROJECT



by
BRUCE RIMELL


For the past couple of years I’ve been working on something called ‘The Voice Project’ – this is an initiative to create a 13 panel, 40-foot long visionary mural expressing the imaginal, mythical and landscape visions of this Island of Britain that I live on. I’ve long felt that this is a land shimmering with ancient visions, for as long as I can remember, I’ve always been able to feel the ancestral currents and anthropological experiences running through these hills and forests. And so, I wanted to create something beautiful and spectacular to honour this land, which is why I began ‘The Voice Project’.

Everything from the Spirit of the Land, megalithic monuments and ley lines, to crop circles, Welsh mythology and the magic words of William Blake will feature along with a cast of mythical Little People and archaeological memories from the most ancient eras. Excitingly, I also plan for ‘The Voice’ mural to be dual image, meaning that one set of images will show under daylight conditions, and another, completely different set of images will be visible under UV illumination.

Well, I’ve been walking the path of this quest already, sketching and working on mural plans for two years, and now I’m ready to start creating the final work. So I’ve created a Crowdfunding pitch on IndieGogo, illustrated with images, videos and text that illuminate the project and why I’m doing this.


http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/330833/


I really hope that you will all be able to see the energy and effort in this Voice Project of mine, to imagine the visionary delight that I am on a quest to complete, and help me communicate that to a world so deeply in need of vision and land-honoring. I attach a couple of small images and PDF for those who want to see more. You can also see a mountain of work – sketches and panel plans – that I have been creating for this mural here at http://www.biroz.net/voiceproject/index.htm
 

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/330833/


 
additional information (embedded pdf) can be found on this page in the Visionary Art Gallery.
 
Picture

No comments: